понедельник, 8 августа 2016 г.

Simple Test To See If You Have Tight Hip Flexors

Simple Test To See If You Have Tight Hip Flexors

Over the last few days, I have been talking about hip flexors and their importance to our overall health and performance.


Today, I wanted to go through a simple test that will help you identify if you have tight hip flexors.


Now, let me get you to the simple test that you can do.


~ Rick Kaselj


*******************************************************************************************


In this video, I wanted to go through a simple test to see if you have tight hip flexors.



CLICK HERE to watch the YouTube video.


I get Donnalee to demonstrate it.


Tight Hip Flexors Test 1

Lie on your back and straighten out your legs. While you are in this position for 60 seconds to 90 seconds, check on three things:


  1. Do I feel tightness in my quads, hips and back?
  2. Do I feel pulling on my hip and pulling on my low back?
  3. Does it feel like I have an increased curve in my lower back? Or when I put my hand under my back, does it feel like there’s lots of space?

Those are the three questions you ask yourself while you are in this position for about 60 seconds to 90 seconds.


At about 60 to 90 seconds, bend your legs to decrease the stretch on the hip flexor. When you have your legs straight, you are putting a stretch on your hip flexors. The shorter they are, the more effect they impact the tightness and pulling in your low back.


Tight Hip Flexors Test 2

Now that you have bent your knees, ask yourself about that tightness in the quads, hips and back.


  1. Has it decreased a lot compared to the legs being straight?
  2. Has that pulling drastically decreased in the hip and in the back?
  3. Has that curve in your back decreased significantly by putting your hand under your back to check and confirm?

There you go! Look at your answers to those questions. If you have a lot of tightness in your quad, hips and back, that is a good sign that you have tightness in your hip flexors as well.


If you have a lot of pulling on your hip and on your low back, that is a good sign that you have tightness in your hip. Also, when you are laying with your legs straight and you have a big curve in your lower back, that is a sign that you have a tight hip flexor.


If you have any of those signs, it is important for you to address the hip flexor tightness because it can greatly affect your health and performance. It may also increase the risk of injury and slow down recovery from injury.


Make sure to swing by ExercisesForInjuries.com. Enter in your injury or pain. There’s a good chance that I have an article, an interview, or a video that will help you overcome injury or pain.


If you want to bring vitality back into your life so that you can be strong, active, and energetic all while boosting your immune system, sexual function, and athletic performance, then click here to check out the Unlock Your Hip Flexors program.


Take care!


Rick Kaselj, MS



Original article and pictures take exercisesforinjuries.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий