понедельник, 8 сентября 2014 г.

Hip Flexor Stretch If You Can Not Kneel

Hip Flexor Stretch If You Can Not Kneel

I am here on holidays in Victoria, British Columbia and I just stepped out in order to do this quick video for you. It’s a continuation of the other video that I did about a couple of tweaks that you can do for a common hip flexors stretch in order to change the stretch, in order to target different areas and in order to make it more effective.



Now when it comes to that stretch that I talked about a common thing that I hear from clients is that they are not able to do the stretch because they can’t kneel down. So kneeling ends up bothering them.


They may have osteoarthritis in their knee joint or they end up having patellofemoral pain syndrome hence they can’t kneel on their knee cap.


So these are variations that they can end up doing in order to get an effective hip flexor stretch but not kneel down. Also, it’s a great example of a hip flexor stretch that you can do easily at work, especially if your work involves a lot of sitting.


What I will end up doing is finding a chair and sit on the edge of the chair. Here I am just using a park bench. What I will do is sit at the end of the park bench or the chair so I’ve got half of my body, the left side of my body, my left leg is out front and I am going to bring my right knee back.


hip flexor stretch on a bench

So I am almost in that 90/90 position but I am not kneeling down. I am going to tighten up my abdominal area and that will maintain the curve in my back and lock the pelvis. And then I can bring myself forward to intensify that stretch.


hip flexor stretch on a bench with knee further back

If I don’t feel anything, I can relax and bring that knee further back, tighten up my abdominal area and then contract my glute and bring my body forward. I am keeping my upper body nice and upright. I am keeping that foot and knee in good alignment. I am keeping the other knee, hip and foot in good alignment. I’ve got that glute contracted and the hamstring contracted and then I am moving forward. I am looking at getting a stretch really through that rectus femoris muscle.


I can ease it up and give it a rest. Get back and do it again. Tighten up that abdominal area, tighten up that glute and hamstring, and looking at stretching through that rectus femoris muscle.


As I go through a couple of repetitions I can progressively end up going back further, bracing, contracting the glute, and intensifying the stretch.


What I would end up recommending is starting off with two repetitions held for about 20 seconds and then you can progress from there. I can end up doing 3 to 4 repetitions holding for 30 seconds.


Make sure to head down below and hit LIKE and leave me a comment of what you think about this video, the information that I am providing, and if you have any questions.


If you are looking for a program to help with your tight hip flexors, I created a program that targets that and helps overcome tight hip flexors. You can see it down below or you can click HERE in order to get more information.


Fixing-Tight-Hip-Flexors
Take care and bye bye.

Rick Kaselj, MS


.



Original article and pictures take exercisesforinjuries.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий